Web Developer role summary:
Job Title: Web Developer (full time)
Location: Chester/Wirral Area, CH65 3EN
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 Depending on experience
Benefits: Free Parking
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time, 9:00am - 5:30pm
So we’re a business in the exciting world fleet driving competency. This is a fast-moving industry so you must be prepared to learn and take on new skills all the time.
We like to think we’re the best at what we do. We work with big companies like T-Mobile and Toyota, and organisations like the BBC and HMRC to make sure their drivers are competent, safe and trained.
Our state of the art web technology assesses drivers' competency levels, and helps our clients to meet their company's safety obligations and fleet management requirements. This market is constantly evolving with in-vehicle technologies such as driver telematics and monitoring systems.
We’re expanding rapidly, and looking for an experienced Web Developer who can help us to manage that growth and continue to deliver unrivalled customer care.
The successful Web Developer will be responsible for web development duties to deliver on specific client projects, as well as working on our in-house web application closely with our management team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have and be able to demonstrate all of the following:
- Strategic thinker and integrator of activities
- Good organisational skills
- Technical empathy & understanding of software development
- Minimum of 3 years development experience
- Experience working in teams and brainstorming
- Be willing to learn and take on new skills
- Have a desire to produce the ‘best’ web software on the market
- Develop new user-facing functionality keeping in line with existing interface designs
- Build and design fully responsive website systems that achieve our goals and adheres to brand values
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize all development for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Work to company coding standards
- Collaborate with the creative and management teams to deliver projects, on time and on specification
- Take system wireframes from initial layout to a fully responsive, functioning, live web application
- Knowledge of backend technologies
- Ability to use Photoshop and Illustrator to update and save out existing graphics from the creative team
- Experience developing to W3C Standards
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure, and collaborate/work with staff at all levels
- .Net and MVC
- Understanding of Entity Framework or similar ORM
- Web services, XML, XSLT
- Microsoft TSQL
- Web development experience in either agency or client environment
- Expert understanding of the latest and legacy browser capabilities, including mobile
- Good knowledge of Classic ASP/VB Script and working with these to migrate to .Net
- Expert understanding of C# .Net (versions 2 - 4.5)
- Familiarity with version control
- Working knowledge of IIS and Windows servers
- Good working knowledge of pre-processors – Sass
- Good knowledge of Responsive Web Development
- Experience of Load Speed Optimisation
- Experience of SQL Server & SQL Server reporting services (SSRS)
- Understanding of CMS technologies
- Experience with PHP is beneficial
- Exposure to iPhone/Android app development is also beneficial
- .Net Core (this would be a huge advantage as we are now working with Core)
- Classic ASP/VB Script and Visual Basic 6.0
- C# .Net2 - .Net4
- Ajax using JQuery
- 0, IIS7.0, IIS7.5
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
- PHP 4+
- Sql server reporting services (SSRS)
- Mobile development such as iPhone/Android
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Great attention to detail
- Be strongly process orientated
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team in brainstorming sessions
You may be currently working in a larger organisation but have a desire to be more involved with the full life-cycle of project delivery – from concept to completion.
Most important will be your enthusiasm and passion for the business and its service offerings as well as your desire you be at the cutting edge of web technologies.
If that’s you then in return for your hard work and commitment you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a friendly office environment where you can really develop your own skills and passion for web development in this evolving industry.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you would be interested in learning more about then please send us your CV and also importantly we would like a covering letter explaining why you think you would be a good match for this opportunity.
Job Application Form
Please complete the form below and attach your current CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this role.