Telematics Monitor is a unique driver behaviour monitoring App which allows you to view one simple report about the drivers in your fleet who are causing you the greatest risk with their driving. You'll get access to simple yet powerful manager web dashboards giving you a complete birds-eye-view of all driver behaviour from harsh braking, cornering and erratic driving. It's important to adopt a system that can 'combine' all of these separate data sets into one central report for an accurate view of all drivers. Try to avoid having lots of separate systems to manage drivers, vehicles, assessments, DVLA licence data, training data & accident data etc.
Click to expand on each of the points below:
- Instant email/SMS alerts
The Telematics Monitor module links automatically to the Task Monitor module, giving you access to all the rich features of the Tasks & Alerts already built in.
- Alerts on all vehicle checks
Ability to setup bespoke alerts on all parameters such as risky driving behaviors (i.e. over speeding in 30mph zone or harsh braking) and gives you an instant view of all vehicles in one dashboard
- Alerts on risk levels
Our system can also alert managers where consistent risky driving can trigger a manager alert. One unique One2One manager reporting suite allows managers to record staff reviews to rectify High Risk drivers (i.e. for compliance monitoring).
- Total flexibility
The Task Monitor module has been continually developed since 2002 and has been built on a flexible platform. This means the system can be configured to suit your company structure and management hierarchy. Your specific settings can be modified to ensure the right people in your business are alerted to the key pieces of information at the 'right time'.
- Configure alerts at different levels
Department managers can receive alerts just about drivers within their department, but our alerts system is powerful enough to have alerts setup at branch and company level, so issues can escalate up through the management hierarchy. Managers can be setup at all levels allows your organisation to control access views
Our driver risk assessment module can build up a picture of your risk levels across your fleet of drivers. The powerful reporting tools allow you to spot trends and setup bespoke alerts.
- Instant reports available online
The Telematics Monitor manager dashboards update in real-time allowing you to view data as soon as drivers have entered it. Reports are built on-the-fly and can be run via the secure web portal or via the automated reporting service.
- Scheduled reports
The system can be configured to send out scheduled reports at your preferred frequency (every day/week/month etc), and these can be set up to be sent automatically to your managers within the business to update on progress.
- Report future scheduling
If reports are configured to be scheduled for repeat patterns the system automatically updates the status of risk levels and flags any potential problems when key dates/events are triggered - showing an exception on the dynamic report.
- Configure reports at different levels
Divisional managers can receive reports just about drivers within their division, but our reports system is powerful enough to have reports setup at branch and company level, so issues can escalate up through the management hierarchy. Managers can be setup at all levels allows your organisation to control access views
Unique live risk levels
- Increase visibility and updates
Instant access to the driver profile and connected vehicles gives managers an up-to-date view as it happens. So if an event comes into the system (such as risky driving patterns) the drivers' risk profile is instantly updated.
- Seamlessly integrates with telematics
If we are integrating a telematics option your driver risk profile can be updated daily from the real-time data being fed from the vehicle. So if a driver is showing risky driving as part of the telematics data the Risk Monitor tool updates accordingly and can alert drivers/managers with a new risk level and potential interventions.
- Get results fast
Within seconds of a driver committing a speeding violatio our system updates giving you a full report.
- Bespoke actions based on risk
Our system uniquely targets the risk areas that the system exposes. So if a driver has a dangerous pattern of driving for example they are given instant alerts and we also chase up the driver to ensure the driver is dealt with accordingly.
Full data security
- No 3rd party involved in data processing
It's important you check when looking at digital risk assessment services that your potential supplier is not 'outsourcing' their web platform to a 3rd party. Also ensure if you are being sold an integrated service that this is not coming from another provider in the background as this will add to the number of parties in the chain accessing your employee data. The best option is to deal with a total solution direct supplier such as DrivingMonitor.
- Ensuring the right levels of data protection
As employees and businesses become more conscious of Data Protection it's important you partner with a company that solely handles the data in a secure data centre, and that they are ISO27001 registered.
- Unprecedented Data Security
Utilising our secure 'dedicated' servers, your data is managed with the highest levels of security. We operate to ISO 9001 & ISO 27001 levels of data security and we're also registered under the DPA with the Information Commissioner.
Why should I use Telematics on 'all' employees and not just vans?
Most managers ask this question. Put simply all employers have a duty-of-care under current Health & Safety legislation (see HSE guidelines Driving at Work – Managing Work-Related Road Safety) to ensure that employees are safely assessed for their driving ability on the UK roads. Here’s a few useful key facts:
- In a recent study it's estimated that over 47% of business owners don't monitor their employees who drive on company business
- A recent poll of employees highlighted 68% were unaware they needed to change their car insurance to cover business use
- With a serious road incident the courts will establish if the employer has done the correct checks on the vehicle (even if the employee uses their own vehicle and claims mileage)
Read more about how Telematics work...
It's important to establish which employees use their own car or have a cash allowance for a vehicle to use on company business. Driving Monitor has a simple online solution to help you establish which employees make up your 'Grey Fleet' and which claim mileage from company vehicles.
If you consider how many employees are driving for work at some point in their employment it can be difficult to track:
- They are recording the correct mileage for business expenses
- They are travelling on the most efficient routes
- They are driving within the speed limits and in a 'safe' manner
- If they are close to having an accident
The simplest solution is to use Driving Monitor's smartphone 'App' which is downloaded to the employee's mobile phone. This then allows you to monitor their driving behaviour for each journey they make.
Telematics done the smart way
The benefits of using the smartphone App rather than installing blackbox devices are obvious:
- No installation fees - the driver simply download the App
- No problems when employees using different vehicles (they take their phone with them everywhere), so no need to worry about pool cars, hire cars or company cars changing hands
- No refitting required - as there is no hardware the employee can simply keep the App on their phone regardless of the vehicle they drive
This means you are ensuring nothing is ever missed and you are covering your company duty-of-care for your employees who drive.
Should I use a stand alone Telematics service or an integrated solution?
It’s a common problem for a company to use separate suppliers for Telematics, accident management, risk assessment & DVLA checks and not link these together with a driver risk profile. However it’s important to consider the whole driver risk management life-cycle when deciding on a driver safety programme. Only by cross-referencing the data gathered by the black-box telematics data together with driver risk profile can you fully cover the company duty-of-care obligations (HSE's guidelines) which are:
- Regularly perform a risk assessment on the employees' driving
- Regularly check the driving licence for points & entitlements
- Ensure the vehicle safety checks are completed regularly
- Plan a process to reduce identified risks
See why companies choose an integrated Telematics service...
Don't be fooled by a manual service
When researching suppliers for a Telematics supplier - ensure you get a 'full' demo of the system and ask questions such as:
- Can the system fully integrated into the Driving Monitor driver risk profile and can you simply provide a weekly data feed?
- Are you the main developers of this system or have you simply white-labelled a 3rd party supplier solution and if so who actually holds the data?
- Can I see management dashboards with real-time data?
- Is this system flexible/extendable (i.e. are you in control of bespoke development/adaptations and can we grow with you?)
We implemented the Driving Monitor's telematics 'bolt-on' data integrator to link our existing Risk Monitor driver assessments with the key blackbox data. Before this solution we tried to report separately on telematics but we found we were overwhelmed with data and reports - and we didn't actually do much with the telematics information.
Driving Monitor gave us the key bridge we were missing to make sense of our driver data from the blackbox device and provide meaningful driver risk profiles. We now rely on their automated data feed system to complete the telematics weekly update and we simply view the management dashboard reports. If there's ever an issue with a driver consistently driver poorly the system flags them and can deploy suitable training to the correct the behaviour.
Paul Jones, SHE Manager